Roku is an electronic digital streaming device which allows you to stream your favorite TV shows, movies, Channels and other online content through a home Network connection. Additionally, Roku provides a wide range of Channels both free as well paid channels. Roku offers you HD video quality without any interruption. The best of Roku device is that it comes with an affordable price, as compared to other devices. Moreover, before start streaming to Roku device, you have to Setup and activate your device through www.roku.com/link. In fact, here we provide you the full detailed knowledge about your Roku device and also Roku activation.
Below some easy steps for how you can get Roku activation link and enter Roku code into www.roku.com/link. Roku Activation is the second process, firstly you have to setup your Roku device. Roku setup is done using these simple steps:
- Plugin into HDMI cable to Roku device and another end to the Roku TV.
- Select your language according to your comfort level.
- Now choose your network connection either wired or wireless
- Press connect button.
After setup your Roku player activates your device using some simple steps:
- Get New or update software, Roku player automatically updates your software and add new software into your Roku channels list
- Now activate your Roku device using Roku activation code whose display on your Roku TV screen.
- Enter Roku code into the Activation code link website: Roku.com/link. Press submit button.
For solving all these problems, follows some steps:
- Check if network connection “Error 001” and “Not connected” error display on Roku TV screen then connection is not established.
- Now reconnect your network by clicking on “Try again”
- Get new Roku activation link
- Enter Roku code Who’s flashed on your Roku TV screen into activation code link, website:roku.com/link from your computer.
- Click on submit button.
- For any type of help press * button from your remote.
Setup Roku Streaming player?
Here we provide you instruction to how to setup Roku Player. Basically, Setup of Roku Streamer is also important for older as well recent models (However, some of the obsolete models do not support HDMI cables to transfer video signals to the television).
Basically, In order to Setup your Roku streamer, you want 3 things:
- Internet connection (either wired or wireless)
- Power Supply
- Source of Video connection.
First thing – Internet Connection:
In your Roku device, there two type internet connection used either wired or wireless. A Wired connection is most approved for Roku activation because it is faster than Wireless connection without the interference of acquaintance. To Setup Wired connection:
- Your Roku player and Roku TV must have Ethernet Port
- And plug-in your Ethernet cable into it.
Afterward, to use your wired internet connection, attach your cable into the Socket.
However, some of Roku device do not use wired connection. Roku Express and Roku Streaming Stick usually use Wireless internet connection. For this, you have to Wireless connection, follows these several steps:
- Under Wireless connection option, your device will display the list of Wi-Fi connection.
- Now, select your desired Wi-Fi connection under the list.
- Then, give your wireless password if mandatory (Note: make sure that your Wireless connection should be password protected otherwise anyone can access your internet).
Second thing – Power Supply:
Additionally, there are two alternative types of the power supply is used in Roku streaming devices. In the case of Roku TV activation, plug-in Power to it and internal System of TV automatically gets power. In the case of Roku streaming devices:
Type one – through a wall transformer without using USB: if your transformer not moveable then follows described the steps:
- Firstly, attach power adapter into wall power supply socket.
- Then, connect round tip of the cord into the round input port.
Type two – using USB: this type of power supply use in case of Roku stick and Express: Here you can use a power adapter or connect cord into the USB port on Roku TV. Now, attach your device to the Roku stick or express and also a wall power adapter with USB port on the TV. (Note: if your Device flashing red light, after plug-in to the USB socket that means your device not getting enough power, then you have to use wall transformer).
Third thing – Source of Video connection:
There are two types of video connection are available:
- HDMI connector – male
- And, HDMI connector – female
Basically, an HDMI cable comes with High-definition video quality and Multichannel audio.
Connect the HDMI cable on…
Roku TV – Already done all the internal connections.
Roku stick – The male HDMI cable made right into the Roku stick. Attach it to the HDMI port on the TV.
Roku Express – Connect male HDMI cable to the HDMI port on Roku and also on TV as well.
Following steps for Setup:
- Make sure that you have plugged in the cable into the correct port whose use to display video on the screen.
- Put batteries into your Remote control (ensure that insert batteries into correct order according to the symbol inside the batteries cover indicating right order).
- Now, Roku logo will appear on your TV screen, if not then:
- Checks your electricity socket connects properly or not?
- Ensure that your video connector is perfectly attach to the both ends.
- Pair your remote control: under the battery cover, press black button for 3 seconds when the green light flashes in front of the remote. Then your remote paired with your device.
- Afterward, select your desired language as per your requirement.
- Then, the next screen displays you the list of wireless networks.
- After selecting your wireless network, fill wireless network password (note: if the connection is established, then it will indicating with green light, otherwise flashes a red light in the case of password incorrect).
- After that, your device starts downloading software updates automatically (it will take a few minutes and install automatically).
- At last, your device restarts itself.
Then, the next screen comes with an activation code and guided instructions. The Activation code is important to connect your device to roku.com/link account. Now, it’s time to activate your Roku device in roku.com/link through the following instructions.
www.roku.com/link-Roku Activation link issues:
If you get issues in Roku activation link like:
- Don’t know about the Roku Activation link code?
- Not getting Activation code?
- Does not reach to Roku activation code link site?
- Error while you enter the activation link code on Roku website?
- After entered activation link code, but your Roku device fixed to screen?
However, if you are suffering from Roku issues? Are you seeking for Roku Troubleshooting? Well, here is the solution of your problems. We provides you the answer to all your Questions. Additionally, follows the valuable instructions that are mentioned below.
Troubleshooting Roku Remote Problems:
If you get a problem in Roku remote, follows these instructions to troubleshoot Roku remote issues
Roku Remote Not running:
If you see that your remote is not working, then you need to try these simple steps in order to resolve this problem:
- Firstly, check your Remote batteries; ensure that they are in the correct position.
- And also, verify that they are in a working situation.
- Now, press pairing button under the Roku remote.
- Once green lamp flashes on the front, drop pairing button.
- Now your Roku remote in working condition.
Roku remote not catching correspond to Roku device:
If your Roku device does not function properly, you need to be synced your Roku Remote.
- First of all, turn “off” your device by unplugging power adapter.
- And wait for some time and again attach power adapter.
- Now, open back battery compartment, press pairing button for 3 seconds.
- Then, again wait for 10 seconds until the LED stops flashing.
- At last, your remote is ready to use.
Roku device not paired with Roku device:
On the other hand, if your device is not paired with your Remote then needs to follow these steps:
- Go to the “home” button and select “Settings” option.
- Afterward, choose “Remote pairing” option, then follow on-screen instructions.
- Once the procedure is complete, check your remote is paired or not.
- If still not pairing, you need to unplug the power adapter.
- Now, select “A and B” button and hold them.
- After that, press “pairing” button at the back of the remote.
- Release pairing button, when your LED light flashing 3 times which means your remote is clear (Note: these instructions also fix HDCP authorized Roku issue).
Roku Remote is not updated with new Software:
Additionally, if your Roku Remote is not up-to-date then you get several types of problems. When your device or remote not updated then Error Code 011 occur on the screen. Firstly, you want to update your software with to the latest version through guided steps:
- Go to the official site of Roku “roku.com”.
- Then update your device with the new version (note: ensure that your device has internet connection in order to update Roku).
Moreover, if still you’re remote not running properly then you need to Factory reset your device. In order to “Reset” your Roku device follows below instructions:
- Locate the “Reset” button at the back of Roku device.
- Then, press “Reset” button for 20 seconds, your device has been reset.
- This will resolve your all issue related to Roku Remote.
Troubleshooting Activation Issues:
Sometimes, Roku may find some issues during the Roku activation process. In order to troubleshoot these issues follows describes the steps:
When an error occurs while entering activation code at roku.com/link:
If you get an error at the time of entering the activation code, try to enter again. If you still find an error then there are may be typing error, network error or other error. To solve these type of issues follows instructions below:
- Firstly, click on “Home” button from Roku device.
- Now, choose “Help” option or press * on your remote.
- Afterward, click on “Get a new code” option.
- Once the new code display on your screen, fill “new activation code” over the “roku.com/link”.
After entering the Activation code, Roku fixed to link code screen:
Sometimes, your Roku takes some time to activate your Roku, so wait for a few minutes. But still, if your device display same screen, then try following steps:
- Confirm that, you have done all the on-screen steps carefully and try to refresh your device.
- If “Error 001” or “not connected” message display on your screen, it means your device is not connected to the Network.
- Then, choose “Try again” button and again connect your device to the network.
So, in order to improve your wireless connection follows these tips that are describes below.
Steps to check Wireless connection strength:
Basically, check the strength of a wireless connection through these mentioned instructions:
- Through “settings” menu, choose “Network” option.
- In case your Roku device is not connect to the internet, then choose “Setup new wireless connection”.
- Once your device is connected to the internet connection, then device displays the signal strength on the screen like Poor, Fair, Good or Excellent.
In case your signal strength is Excellent or good but still connection or playback issues occur:
- Audit your intervention like microwave ovens, Smartphone, and other wireless devices, shift away from your wireless Router.
- Verify that your service provider encounter issues and your network provide enough speed to streaming.
- Decrease network usage of other devices such as; gaming console, mobile phones and other.
If your Wi-Fi strength Fair or poor and you get playback and connection problem:
- To strong Wi-Fi signal strength, move them close to each other.
- Also, you can reestablish router antenna.
- Further, set your Wi-Fi router at the higher of Roku device.
- Get out of the Router, if it is in the cabinet.
- On the other hand, if your Television is set in between your Roku Player and the Router, sift your Roku Device nearby Router so that the Television is not blocking the Wi-Fi signal.
In the case of Wireless signal not that much strong, then follows these some additional ways:
- Try to purchase a new Wireless Router with Stronger signal or more reliable.
- Also, you can use Ethernet cable to provide the internet, only if your Roku device has Ethernet jack.
- Moreover, there are many advanced home network available like “mesh network” or “power line”, used to increase wireless coverage area.
- Take help from internet service provider, to improve your Wireless signal.