Roku is an amazing streaming device where you can stream thousand plus TV channels. It is easy to set up or install with your home TV. There are many Paid or unpaid channels available to download on Roku streaming device from the Roku channel store. If you want to watch these channels then you need to create a Roku.com/link account on your Roku streaming device. Some of Roku users face some errors. These Roku error codes can occur at the time you setup your Roku device. The Roku error code is flashed on the screen indicating the problem in your device. Each problem is identified by a different error code. If you want to resolve these issues, we provide all the necessary information about it. Keep in touch with us.
Types of Error Code
There are many types of errors that occur on the Roku streaming device. It is important for you to understand the possible types of Roku error codes being a new Roku user. The common ones that may pop up during product usage are
- Roku Error code 016
- Error code 001
- Roku Error code 009
- Error code 003
- Roku Error code 014
- Error code 011
Read the instructions carefully that are given below to find what each code indicates, and how to resolve them:
Roku Error Codes 016, 009 And 014
Roku error code 016 and 014 mainly occurs while your internet not working or failures while setting up the internet connection on your streaming device. You can trace this error code is very easily:
- Restart your Roku streaming device
- Go to ‘Settings > Network> Wired.
- Try to connect the modem to your Roku streaming device through the Ethernet cable.
- After connecting the device to a wired network, try connecting it to a wireless connection.
- Go to ‘Settings > Network> Wireless.
Once you are connected to a wireless internet connection, you can start streaming on your Roku streaming device.
Roku Error Code 001
The Roku error code 001 mainly occurs at the time of the Roku activation. To resolve this error follow the steps given below:
- Press the ‘Home’ button 5 times on your Roku remote.
- Press the fast-forward button 3 times.
- Click on the rewind button.
- By clicking on the ‘Ok’ button update the latest software.
Once the update is done, try connecting your device to your wireless network. If it does not work then change your router’s frequency if supported. You can do this by checking your router’s user manuals.
Roku Error Code 011
If you find this type of error in your Roku.com/link account then troubleshoot it immediately to your device work properly. Steps to resolve this issue given below:
- Turn off the power supply for 4-5 minutes from the Roku device
- Reconnect the power supply after a few minutes.
- If the error still occurs, open the settings menu and choose Network and repeat the Roku Setup process.
- Select your Wi-Fi name from the wireless network’s list.
- Enter the password.
- If your Roku streaming device is working, the connection has been established.
Roku Error Code 003
Roku error code 003 occurs when your device does not update the latest software. To update and resolve this kind of issue, follow the instructions given below:
- Press the ‘Home’ button 5 times.
- The ‘fast forward’ button 3 times.
- Click on the ‘Rewind’ button 2 times.
- Finally, press the ‘ok’ button.
- It is helpful to check your router settings.
- Change your device modes to at least mode which will resolve this error code.
Once you completed all the upper mentioned steps, you can easily stream best media content on your Roku streaming device. We hope that all the above information will help you to resolve these Roku error code problems. If you want to get more information about roku.com/link activate, you can feel free to contact us anytime.